Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3waredrv.sys could not be found and fatal system error on rebooting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kanyowen

kanyowen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:27 AM

Some days back, i decided to upgrade my sustem from windows xp sp2 to windows xp sp3 using an XP CD. Setup was running fine until when the system requested to restart to complete upgrade.

On restarting, booting from CD....i got this message "3waredrv.sys file could not be found press any key to continue"... Which i did but it keep on repeating same thing. Showing setup failed. I later choose the option to start windows normally. It started normally and everything was fine but only a little bit slower.

Still wanted to upgrade to sp3, so i downloaded it from microsoft website onto my desktop, double it and installation process was going on fine. A dialog box with the heading "software update"....and processes like "backing up files", "copying file", and "installing files" were running. Half way through the installation, came a box ..."setup error.... cannot copy 'ispid.dll'....specified the path". I did everything to find the file...or i seem to have found a file with that name but still setup error. I decided to cancel. Some minutes later, i got the message "upgrade did not complete...windows may not function properly",....seconds later..."windows is shuting down".

On restarting, i got normal booting but with an option to continue setup even with no CD in the drive. Which all at some point end up with the message....

.."STOP: c000021a {Fatal system Error} The windows Logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of (0xc00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down"...with a blue death screen.
With XP sp3 CD, i stil got "3waredrv.sys could not be found".
Booting normally, i got blue screen with the fatal error message above. Please i need any help to get my laptop back...please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

Have you tried booting up in Safe Mode \ Last known good configuration?

To load the last known good configuration in Windows XP, reboot the computer and as it's booting, repeatedly tap the F8 Key. This should bring up the Windows Advanced Options Menu. Use arrow keys to move to Last Known Good Configuration and press Enter.

Rosie

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

System manufacturer and model?

<<using an XP CD...>>

Is that a MS CD reflecting only SP3...an OEM CD reflecting the inclusion of SP3...a MS Genuine XP CD which includes SP3?

It matters.

What Is 3waredrv.sys?

Worth reading, IMO: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whshardware/thread/e822bff7-2111-4808-b669-fdeb22dd3d06

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users