Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card not being detected

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marionyoshi

marionyoshi

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

EDIT:
This problem has been resolved!

I just built a new computer, and my Graphics Card is not being detected. I tried installing drivers, and I'm not sure if they actually installed or not. The Catalyst Control Center wasn't very helpful, and I'm having trouble finding the correct drivers on the web.
The fans are spinning on the Graphics Card, and my monitor works through my Graphics Card as well, but on my DxDiag, it is displayed as my VGA Integrated Graphics.
Help would be appreciated, thank you!

Build:
ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory

EDIT:
I just had an idea, I am getting a BIOS update right now, and checking to see if my BIOS is set to use this card.
I will this updated if this fix works or not.

EDIT #2:
I could not find the options for the Display Settings anywhere on my BIOS, I am still having this problem.

Edited by marionyoshi, 20 January 2012 - 02:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

Hold on first on that BIOS update thing. Instead check for what BIOS reports as to what GPU is being used.

Tekken

#3 marionyoshi

marionyoshi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

Hold on first on that BIOS update thing. Instead check for what BIOS reports as to what GPU is being used.

I can't even find the options that display what Graphics I'm using.

BUT, I did find something that may link to this problem:

http://i.imgur.com/ozz0C.png

This is what my Computer Management says about the Card. It is the ONLY thing hooked into my PCI slot.
"Location: on PCI Standard ISA Bridge"

The auto-update won't work, I tried manually putting the update in, no-go.

I just tried again on the Catalyst Center to install my drivers, but it's again, a no-go.

Drivers:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/downloads/?pid=497&psn=0006&lid=1&os=5

I've only been getting the drivers for the AMD Media Codec Package, do I want the other ones as well? (HydraVision Package, ATI Catalyst Application Profiles, Catalyst Software Suite)

EDIT:
I installed all these drivers, still displaying VGA as my main display device.

http://i.imgur.com/r1WAL.png

EDIT #2:
Question, Do I want to enable the Operating System Plug & Play feature, or should I leave that to the BIOS?

Edit #3:
The problem has been resolved, thanks for your help! :)

Edited by marionyoshi, 20 January 2012 - 02:05 AM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

The fans are spinning on the Graphics Card, and my monitor works through my Graphics Card as well

If your monitor is connected directly to the video card port and have display, then I would think that it is being used already. Otherwise a blank screen would be presented. What port is being used on your card? Can you removed the graphics card and use onboard first? Did video card came with a cd installer?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users