Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving to removable CD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blaisejo

Blaisejo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

I have an HP Pavilion PC, Windows 7, 1 yr old. It has never recognized the presence of a blank writable disc in the disc drive. When trying to save any type of file, it gives a "no disc in drive - insert a disc" message, even when a new writable disc has been inserted. It does recognize and play music CD's with no problem.

I've heard that this is a common problem with HP's. Is there a fix ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

The only time I have experienced this type of error was from one of two things. First the drive itself is faulty. Second the media is not correct for the drive. Just because it is a CD does not meanit will work in the drive. I have a CD burner that will only burn standard looking CD-R's. If I try to use the "colored" ones that appear slightly purple, orange, ect. on the write side it will not recognize the disk.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users