Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird black Command box flashed on computer screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Miroku16

Miroku16

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hey. Today, I was working on my computer and I noticed my cursor kept turning into the blue loading wheel, even though I was not loading anything. Then all of a sudden, I saw a black box, like the ones you use to run commands, flash on top of my open windows and display the words "copied" on each of two lines. On suspension, I ran a quick scan with Malwarebytes, no infections were detected. I forgot to update it the first time, so i updated it and ran a quick scan again but with the new updates. Nothing. Then I ran a full complete scan and got nothing. So, is this mysterious command box nothing serious or is it something such as a tool trying to steal my data. I just want to be sure and safe. Please let me know.

Operating system: Windows (64-bit)

Computer status- I have access and full control of using my programs and internet. Just making sure that nothing is out of order.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

Happened just once?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Miroku16

Miroku16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

Yeah, it just happened just once. As I said, I just wanted to make sure that if this was something random or and actual problem.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

It could be anything.
Keep an eye on it.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 Miroku16

Miroku16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

I will. Thanks.

#6 LA Juice

LA Juice

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

I don't mean to barge in, but this exact thing happened to me 2 days before the win 7 antivirus 2012 virus took my laptop over. The next thing that happened was my laptop could no longer find my printer, then the fake "you have 87 viruses" pop ups and the demand to purchase their program to clean it.

The black command box always popped up so quickly that I could never read it. If you start to lose connectivity to an attached printer, or your internet browsers slow down impossibly, OR a "win 7 antivirus 2012" or similar program start pushing pop ups, telling you your computer is infected, you should be wary! Don't buy anything, and come back for help from one the experts here! I really hope you don't have this virus, because three days of trying 5-6 programs to get rid of it, and It still hangs around. If you want to do research first on what the virus pop up screens look like- google "win 7 antivirus 2012" or "win 7 security 2012" they look very very real, and they will make things worse if you do have a virus.

good luck!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users