Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blogger Background Slows Down Site

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JJM640

JJM640

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Hello!

I have a question about how to optimize my blogger page. Here's the page:

www.halloween-blues.com

The problem I have is that the background image doesn't always scale to different monitor sizes. I've found instructions on how to fix this on other sites, but their method never seems to work. So the background doesn't fill the screen the same way on every monitor. Also, while I really like the background image, I'm worried it may be slowing down my site. It often times feels sluggish and seems to take longer to load than it should. Not sure what to do about that.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quinch

quinch

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

Images don't scale to fit screen sizes, but you can repeat them either horizontally or vertically or both so that larger screen sizes still get your design. The image that you are using however has a large faded white section in the center which would make repeating horizontally look silly.

In this case I would suggest just changing your background color to #808080.

Go to your Dashboard, click "Template Designer" then "Advanced" the rest is quite obvious.

Hope this helps.

#3 tripflex

tripflex

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

Images don't scale to fit screen sizes, but you can repeat them either horizontally or vertically or both so that larger screen sizes still get your design. The image that you are using however has a large faded white section in the center which would make repeating horizontally look silly.

In this case I would suggest just changing your background color to #808080.

Go to your Dashboard, click "Template Designer" then "Advanced" the rest is quite obvious.

Hope this helps.

That's untrue, with CSS3 it is now possible.

Here's what you need to do, edit this:

body {
font: normal normal 13px Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif;
color: #191919;
background: #fcfbf5 url(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NexgBUGJAtA/TpyMirYZkGI/AAAAAAAABOE/ANmTBHVIduU/s1600/blog%2Bbackground1.gif) no-repeat fixed top center;
background-size: 100%;
}

Notice I added the
background-size: 100%;

Your background is fine, it is small enough and loads perfectly fine.

http://smyl.es/ss/005.png

You can see in that screenshot it loads without any problems or lag.
There's no place like 0.0.0.0, i'm tired of being at 127.0.0.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users