Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best freeware to extract files from .ISO to files/folders?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

7Zip? Others?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DonnaB

DonnaB

Bleepin' Ailurophile

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,412 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

PeaZip :thumbup2:

A cat named ugly

Proud parent of a young Man who devotes his life to the U.S.Navy

Graduate of GeekU Malware Removal training program

"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought." ~ Tom Robbins

"Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living." ~ Helen Keller

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a go. :thumbsup:

ETA: Automatic installer/uninstaller, showing ads during install. = DEALBREAKER.

Alternative download: PeaZip plain installer
Automatic installer/uninstaller, no third party bundle. (= Me HAPPY!!)
PeaZip for Windowsfree downloads http://www.peazip.org/download-installer-windows.html
PeaZip for Windows 64 bitdownload peazip free http://www.peazip.org/download-installer-win64.html

Edited by Union_Thug, 20 January 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#4 DonnaB

DonnaB

Bleepin' Ailurophile

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,412 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

Automatic installer/uninstaller, no third party bundle. (= Me HAPPY!!)

You're welcome! :)

Tad bit off topic here, but if that makes you happy I just have to introduce you to Ninite. All apps are 3rd party "crapware" free. Installers only......:)

PeaZip, 7Zip, and WinRAR is included in the growing list of installers and if there is an app that you would like to have added to the library of installers, at the very bottom is a link to click to Show suggestion form.

A cat named ugly

Proud parent of a young Man who devotes his life to the U.S.Navy

Graduate of GeekU Malware Removal training program

"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought." ~ Tom Robbins

"Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living." ~ Helen Keller

#5 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

...I just have to introduce you to Ninite. All apps are 3rd party "crapware" free. Installers only......:)

I use it frequently, I do a lot of experimenting with programs and OS's in VMWare (currently I have 2 Win 7, Win XP, Win 98 SE, Mac OSX & Ubuntu 11.10 VM's installed) but I never used PeaZip.
I'm gonna add that one to my apps on my next Win 7 install (I'm updating my installation DVD) in VMWare.

Thanks for the 411, much appreciated!:thumbup2:

#6 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

Fwiw, I finished installing that VM, used Ninite to unstall Flash for IE & other (FF), Shockwave, Java, Everything, PeaZip, MBAM & Revo D/l'd & installed in less than 3 minutes!! No prompts for Norton, McAfee, or any other 3rd party drek... :)

I also suggested PDF-XChange Viewer http://www.tracker-software.com/product/downloads?key=ed93cc00e9c27a5effcc1c2f3cf16f89

Posted Image

Edited by Union_Thug, 21 January 2012 - 01:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users