Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet browsers shut off upon start

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 mattie33393

mattie33393

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

So I turn on my computer today and whenever I try to access the Internet via my browsers (chrome Firefox and ie) they open for like 1 second and closes. It gives me the crash alert saying a problem has caused this problem to stop working. When I try to open it after, sometimes it doesn't open up at all or if I open it it opens for a second and automatically closes. The processes never show up on task manager when they crash. And none of these programs work in safe mode either.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mattie33393

mattie33393
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

Oh and note that other programs that require the Internet work such as AIM. But once a pop up from AIM opens, that window automatically closes as it is IE. And all my games work fine too.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

Reinstalling might be the first step and the actual error given would help. Any history connected to the current problem?

Tekken

#4 mattie33393

mattie33393
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

No history. All of a sudden stopped working today. Even if I uninstalled there's no way to reinstall as I have no Internet access. And there's no error just says it stopped working and crashes...

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

Download and copy it on another working PC with internet connection. The only time I've seen this problem is on IE in which missing components on the installed program. Reinstalled and everything work out fine.

Tekken

#6 mattie33393

mattie33393
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:53 AM

Yeah just tried with chrome. Set up the install onto a flash ran it but still the same problem :(

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

The above is from your Am I Infected topic of about 3 weeks ago. I don't see where you followed the suggestion and I think it highly possible that your present stated browser issues...have the same origin.

I won't reiterate what has been suggested, but it seems to me that you have nothing to lose by following the above suggestion.

I see that...today you initiated a topic in the Am I Infected forum concerning your issues. In order to prevent confusion, I am closing this topic.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 20 January 2012 - 12:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users