Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop Pen Tool - Alt click not curving

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ident

ident

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

What have i clicked thats adjusted the pen tool. Was working Two seconds ago lol. Now just does not recognize alt key being help down.

Example if i wanted to draw around somebody i would start at say point A and click, Then click my next point B holding alt so i could curve it till suited. Just stopped working :S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computer Attempter

Computer Attempter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

not sure if i entirely understand,try holding down on the pen icon on the tools panel, if not already selected, choose the top option.
if already done, try disregarding the alt key altogether? Click point A... Click point B, Hold and drag to create your curves.

#3 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

In the tool set, right click on it and choose the one you like to use. It'll have a point and a curve on the pen.

#4 tkelly1

tkelly1

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but with the pen tool, I believe you don't need to hold down alt for it to be curved. You can also use the direct selection tool(white arrow) to find a "handle" on the line, which allows for curving also. It may depend on which version you use, I use CS5. Also, pretty dumb, but make sure you dind't click the "add anchor point" under the pen tool's drop down... that could be a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users