Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Source Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tarboro

Tarboro

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

I have a Windows 7 laptop with AMD Phenom II N660 Dual Core Processor 3.00 GHz. All of a sudden (no injury to the cord or anything) my power adaptor doesn't seem to be working properly in powering up my laptop. The light is clearly on on the power adaptor, but when I plug it in to the laptop, my computer laptop still runs on battery power. I just the connection around a little...and then sometimes it may recognize the power source. But for the most part it is as if it doesn't recognize the power source and it still runs on batteries. I am very concerned that eventually this will run out battery since it is now next to impossible to get the laptop to get powered up by the adaptor. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

http://defectivekit.com/2007/02/15/guide-to-fixing-a-laptop-power-jack-a-do-it-yourselfer/

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users