Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Intro To Your Fine Group

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 alburnus

alburnus

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 11 February 2006 - 05:56 PM

If I understand this site correctly, I'm not expected to launch into my "problems" in my very first posting - good advice for all new relationships, I believe. Hello to you all - I am hoping to learn from you, and in addition to that, be able to eventually contribute in some way.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

Hi and welcome to BleepingComputer!

My name is David Posted Image

I hope that you find the help you need!

David

#3 alburnus

alburnus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:34 PM

Thank you, David. I am trying to learn my way around here. When I figure things out, I'll try to get some help with some of my computer issues. Your forum style is unfamiliar to me. But it looks very promising.

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:40 PM

Take a look here for guides on new user orientation.

You'll soon slip into out 'style' :thumbsup: I wish you the best of luck in sorting out your problems.

David

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:16 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! alburnus.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

#6 alburnus

alburnus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:36 PM

Thank you very much, Yano - you guys (and gals) are pretty darn helpful!

Deb

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:45 PM

It does take a little time to get the "feel" of what goes where, but make an educated guess, and if the post should be elsewhere where it will get the correct attention and response, a moderator will move it for you.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#8 alburnus

alburnus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:56 PM

Thanks, John, I appreciate it - will I be able to guess the location it gets moved to, or will I be informed of where it gets moved to? I made this mistake early on, (of posting in the wrong place) so I ended up typing my little heart out, to no avail. It is taking me so long to get my computer issues figured out that my work, and everything else, has been bogged down for weeks. It has all just been snowballing, resulting in increasing frustration. I don't even have some of the massive problems I see discussed at BC, but the ability to use my computer is compromised, just the same.

Of course, none of this is the fault of anyone at BC - it just takes more time for me to learn things - especially entirely new things, than it did 20 years ago. :thumbsup: I realize you guys are extremely busy, and I appreciate all the help. I have been reading your excellent tutorials, and other related topics while I wait for replies to my topics. I am trying to be patient while I am busy learning.

You guys are great - thanks!

Deb

#9 sasha

sasha

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:11 AM

Hi, I am new to this so am a little hesitant writing. I discovered this website quite by accident. But have so far found it to be extremely helpful. I am just trying to figure this all out. Thanks for your help. :thumbsup: kr

#10 alburnus

alburnus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:20 AM

Hi kr (sasha) - it's not really my "place" to welcome you officially, because I am so new here myself, and have almost nothing to offer in the way of computer advice, but I could possibly offer some encouragement. If you like, I could try helping you learn your way around the site. I was frustrated with how long it took me to learn my way around, and you are probably a quicker study than I am, but if there is anything I could help with, I would gladly share. Now that I better understand how the site operates, and how to get around, it is so much easier. There are several little tricks, that once learned, really help a lot, and I was never able to find any information about how to use the site, so I just had to figure it all out on my own. It is possible there is a tutorial that addresses these things and I may just not have been looking in the right place. The tutorials I have read are great - very helpful - but perhaps you have already discovered those. Anyway, good luck!

Deb

#11 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:57 AM

Clicking on the original post will take you to where it was moved, or you can click on your member name to the right of "logged in as" at the top of the page. This brings you to your member profile. Click on Profile Options at the top right of the profile, then click on Find Member's Posts. All your posts will appear with the newest at the top.

The descriptions of each forum may help you decide where to post. Does the problem, for example, seem to be a particular program or application,or does it seem to be something in your version of Windows? Does it concern internet applications?

Here is a useful hint:
Make the title and subtitle of your post as descriptive as possible about your problem; this may take a little thinking and rewording, but will help members who have expertise in that area find your post and will greatly improve your chances of getting fast reponses.
"Help" tells a reader nothing about your problem, but "Word constantly crashes" and then "Error XXXXXXXXXXX" underneath in the subtitle certainly describes what is happening.

Also read "Before you post about a problem" pinned at the top of many forums to get a general idea of how to post about a computer problem here at BC or at any similar forum:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18366/before-you-post-about-a-problem/

Hope this helps,
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#12 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:05 PM

alburnus and sasha,
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
This thread, Your Bleeping Computer Experience, and this forum, New User Orientation, should answer a lot of the questions you may have, about using the Bleeping Computer forums.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users