Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Bleeping, Whenever Running Games

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jaso_2010

jaso_2010

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 11 February 2006 - 05:36 PM

OK heres the problem, whenever i run a game that has been installed into the computer it begins to bleep in two tones, a high pitch then a slightly less high pitch, this will continue until i exit the game.
In which it will continue for a farth 20 seconds or so then stops completely, if i decide to play the game again, it will after about 10-30 mins start bleeping again.

I will do anything to make this damn things stop. ive checked up on a few sites and the tone is smililar to one of these.

Repeating High/Low CPU Either the CPU is not seated properly or the CPU is damaged. May also be due to excess heat. Check the CPU fan or BIOS settings for proper fan speed.

Repeating (endless loop) Memory error Check for improperly seated or missing memory.

Is there a way to actualy remove to bleeping thing whatever it is from the computer, whitout affecting anything?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:23 PM

Shut the internal speaker off.

It's called the system speaker and it can be disabled in the device manager, but be aware that other audible warnings such as overheating will be disabled as well.

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:29 PM

The computer is warning you that the CPU is overheating and may become damaged. There are a few things you can do:

1. Try to fix the overheat problem by cleaning the interior of your PC. (See this tutorial Cleaning the Interior of your PC )
Or install additional case fans to provide more airflow.

2. Monitor the PC temperatures with a utility e.g. Everest or Speedfan.

Download the system analysis program 'Everest' so you can get detailed information about your system:
Everest download
Temperatures, voltages and fan speeds are shown under Computer>Sensor.

Download SpeedFan.

3. Change the temperatures at which the warnings start.
These are set in the BIOS. Since there are so many varieties of BIOS I cannot give explicit instructions. Your motherboard manual will tell you how to access the BIOS and where to find the temperature settings.
If you cannot find the settings post back with some details about your system and we'll try to guide you.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 11 February 2006 - 06:31 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:33 PM

There's still a freeware version of Everest available at oldversion.com.

Get 1.51, the latest version that still has software listings and keys available.

#5 jaso_2010

jaso_2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:53 AM

Thank you ever so much for helping me turn off the sound, my ears can rest at ease untill I actualy get round to fixing the problem. thanks again.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:06 PM

Be aware that, without the sound, you won't know when your computer overheats. This can kill your CPU - be careful!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users