Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Troubles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 11 February 2006 - 05:31 PM

*edit* Nevermind I just somehow got it working. I really don't know how I got it to work other than messing around with stuff for a while. I think it might have been doing something with the device manager or something like that. Maybe even a little deleting all the files from the temp file created for the driver too.

The printer I found is a HP Photosmart P1000 printer and my trouble is when I connect it (tried on both computers, with the USP and parallel port) it would detect it, get the sound and the pop up that it found the HP Photosmart ect. printer. However, when I try to install the drivers, it'll tell me that it can't connect to the printer. It looks like a good printer and I'd really like to not have to throw it away if there is a possibility of it being useable. Whats wrong with the printer and is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks,
Wizdabest.

Edited by Wizdabest, 11 February 2006 - 06:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:24 PM

I was tired of fighting Windows and he print sharing so I installed a print sever. Even if you do not need a router for HSI you can LAN you computers. If you have a router you can get both wired and wireless prin servers starting at $20 used.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users