Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server Backup Program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alankbaker

alankbaker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Does anybody have a good link for a backup program for a server running Server 2003-R2 / 64? Please give links!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 akoch

akoch

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

This is what we have in place for our domain.

Windows Server Backup (Included with windows)

1. I'll back up files and folders or a system state depending on what I'm trying to back up, and have it save (and overwrite daily) to a folder my file server.

2. After that, I use Symantec BackupExec on our backup server to backup the directory on the file server to the SAN (which is physically linked to the backup server via FIOS)

We have scheduled jobs set up for both programs, so its completely hands off. Very easy to set up, too.

Edited by akoch, 25 January 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#3 Linda.Christ

Linda.Christ

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:54 AM

What is your backup needs & requirements?

#4 RunsWithSporks

RunsWithSporks

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

I use Carbonite for my server backups. Its pretty straightforward, just select the folders you want backed up and that's it. If you want something local and cheap (almost free) buy a large external HD and use Karen's replicator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users