Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Corsaid Ram In Intel D845bg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 apatel06

apatel06

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 11 February 2006 - 05:28 PM

So I recently ordered new ram (CORSAIR XMS 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory) for my intel D845BG motherboard but when i put it in and tried to run it, all i got is three beeps and my monitor is on but stays as a black screen. I researched a little and this ram might be too fast for the motherboard but it should still work, or so im told. I updated my bios from the intel website, and the three beeps indicate base 64k ram failure. Anyone know what I can do to make this ram work, or am I out of luck. Anyone know the problem or what base 64k ram failure means?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:44 PM

System Memory Features

Note: Remove the AGP video card before installing or upgrading memory to avoid interference with the memory retention mechanism.

Note: The Intel® Desktop Board D845BG has been designed to support DIMMs based on 512 Mbit technology for a maximum onboard capacity of up to 2 GB, but this technology has not been validated on this board.

The Intel Desktop Board D845BG has two DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:

2.5 V (only) 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
Unbuffered single-sided or double-sided DIMMs
Maximum total system memory: 2 GB; minimum total system memory: 64 MB
200/266 MHz DDR SDRAM DIMMs only
Serial Presence Detect (SPD)
Suspend to RAM
Non-ECC and ECC DIMMs
Note: To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not function under the determined frequency.

Note: For ECC functionality, all installed DIMMs must be ECC. If both ECC and non-ECC DIMMs are used, ECC will not function.

The following table lists the supported DIMM configurations.

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboa...b/cs-013126.htm

Intel® Desktop Board D845BG
System Boot Failure After Installing DDR SDRAM Memory Module

The Intel® Desktop Board D845BG may encounter a system boot failure after installing DDR DIMM module into Bank 1.

Memory Bank Locations

* Bank 0 is located furthest from the Intel® processor socket
* Bank 1 is located nearest to the Intel processor socket

Solution

1. Disconnect the board's power supply from its ac power source (Some circuitry on the desktop board can continue to operate even though the front panel power switch is off).
2. Remove the coin-cell CMOS battery (CR2032) from the desktop board.
3. Wait 3 to 5 minutes
4. Reinstall the coin-cell CMOS battery (CR2032) into the desktop board. (Battery "+ Side Up" marking: located on the component side of the board in close proximity to the battery holder.)
5. Connect the board's power supply to its ac power source.
6. Enter BIOS to correct the date/time and any other BIOS settings. (See note below)

To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance.

Note: Removing the CMOS battery and disconnecting AC power will restore defaults in the BIOS Setup program.

This applies to:
Intel® Desktop Board D845BG
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboa...b/cs-013117.htm

Edited by Enthusiast, 11 February 2006 - 06:48 PM.

#3 apatel06

apatel06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:57 AM

Thanks alot but, i realized that the ram is too fast for my motherboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users