Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to get MS Office 2007 Templates (.dot's) To Appear in Add-In Toolbar?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drwmbt

drwmbt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hello all,

In my office we have all the office templates on a shared network drive. When I customize an employee's computers i always have microsoft point to that directory for workgroup and user templates.

However, typically, on a working machine, after this is done, an "add-in" bar is created in the ribbon and is available to select to invoke these templates.

Lately, i have tried everythin to get this add-in bar to re-appear. Such as:

-Relocating the files from the network drive to the local drive
-Duplicating copies of the templates to the MS office startup folder in program files.

im at a loss here because it seems as though in the past when i had done this (correctly) i was never thoroughly thinking about my methods (as though one day it suddenly wouldnt work the same way) and now im doing exactly the same process, yet cant get the templates to appear in the add-ins tool bar.

edit: essentially, after i point the location of the templates to that directory, nothing happens. obviously the locations are correct, but no add-in bar. and no way to invoke them.

Edited by drwmbt, 18 January 2012 - 03:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

I know this is showing Excel, but the same should apply for Word 2007: http://grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleId=4562

#3 drwmbt

drwmbt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

This does get the add-in tool bar visible, but im still having issues getting known templates to work. I'll have to take a deeper investigation into the issue i'm having but for the most basic question, the Add-in bar did appear. You can close this topic.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

You are welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users