Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help with ether net card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tdiet0928

tdiet0928

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

I have a Compaq Presario SR1103 WM that has a bad ethernet card. It currently has a Realtek RTL81391/810X family fast NIC in it and have only been able to find one refurbished one online. Can anyone tell me if there is a comparable card that I can replace the old one with?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

Any PCI Ethernet card (Not PCI Express) should work as long as you have a slot free.

From Here. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00063244&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en#c00063244_doc

[attachment=117251:c00063443.jpg]

If you look at the image it shows three PCI slots and you can use any of them that are not in use.

One caveat. Make sure the card you buy comes with drivers for you version of windows.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 18 January 2012 - 01:28 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users