Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Defender: Application failed 0x80070006

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chill9897

chill9897

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

Microsoft Vista Operating System

I recently installed Kaspersky Anti Virus 2012.

Now i can not go to my home page. I am getting the error Application failed to intitlize: 0x80070006. This handle is broken. I can only log on under safe modes. I tries to disable Windows Defender but with no success. What else can i do to solve this problem?

Also, my System Properties also pops up. Not sure if this is correlated with Windows Defender.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 January 2012 - 05:06 PM.
moved from Introductions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

Windows Defender is turned on by default in Windows 7 and Vista. Be aware that some anti-virus programs may disable Defender to avoid any potential conflicts. In some cases, the disabling does not always go as expected so you may have to manually do that yourself. If you uninstall your anti-virus and replace it with something else, the settings may change again.

Microsoft Instructions for Vista:Instructions with screen shots for Vista:
Also see: Error message..."Application failed to initialize"
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users