Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A concern

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 molitar

molitar

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:31 AM

Ok a website called japanzai.com has protected their images in some way that checks to see if the image is not the original to show a different image over it. It's some sort of gif.. This is using some sort of hidden data check and that means some sort of data or web check or something is being run to trigger it or not. I do not care to think that images can have such a horrendous capability but started researching and all sorts of data can be hidden in images so why does KIS not detect these as a possible threat?

http://reader.japanzai.com/?manga=Maga-Tsu...arked%29#page=3

you will notice another image pop quickly.. when I put the gif image into a gif editor I found it states that if you see this than you are reading this on some other site than japanzai or batoto.. this would indicate some sort of script is being run but not being flagged as a possible threat. This is scary to know that images can hide such potential threats and not trigger KIS.

So my concern is how can I protect against such dangers if antivirus softwares do not locate these possible threats?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users