Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

saving e-mail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yudell426

yudell426

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

I have a question about saving an e-mail folder in IE9 (hot mail) to my hard drive. I've tried a number of things, but can't get a true save. Any suggestions?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

You won't get the save if you access your mail using the hotmail website.

In order to save the mail to your hard drive you will have to install an email client and configure it to work with hotmail. Mail will downloaded into the client and stored on your hard drive. From there you can back up the mail.

There are many email clients to choose from. However, the best one to use with hotmail would be Windows Live Mail. (if all you want is WLM UNCHECK the other options)

Setting it up for hotmail is easy AND it's preset to leave a copy of messages on the server.

If you do install WLM let me know and I will give you an easy way to back the mail up to a folder.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 January 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#3 yudell426

yudell426
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users