Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer won't boot up! PLZ HELP! =(

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 genius12

genius12

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hello everyone. This morning my computer started acting funny. None of the browsers would open up, but I disregarded that and left for school. Upon my return, the computer was off, and the light in front of the computer tower would keep flashing. Now this flashing is interesting; the flash turns on but it just doesn't light up and turn off. It rather kind of "fades" in gets brighter until completely lit up, then fades out, meaning gets less brighter until it's completely off. Another interesting thing is that each time the front light (power light as you may know it) fades in, the fans inside computer and the single fan inside PSU start, when the light fades out, those fans then turn off. This keeps happening repeatedly; the computer light fades in and out, each time it does that fans turn on and off. This has been happening recently and I do not know what to do. I have tried certain things like holding down the power button, plugging out power cord, plugging cord directly into outlet on wall, I even tried cleaning the computer inside to see if it was very dusty. I do believe that the problem might be with the PSU, I hope it isn't with the motherboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I do not know what to do =).

Also, if I have posted this topic in the wrong section, I request any moderator to move it into the right section or where it belongs.
Thank you.

Specs that I can remember: (I am writing this in a library so I do not completely recall the model and all)

IBM Thinkcentre
Windows XP Professional 32-Bit
1GB DDR RAM
Intel Pentium 4
Intel graphics

Edited by genius12, 17 January 2012 - 07:44 PM.

" Determination is the cause of Intervention."-Muhammad Shariq

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hopefully it isn't the motherboard and I echo that sentiment. A simple test would start from the CMOS battery replacement or reseatting it after a couple of minutes. The PSU would come next as a swap test if you have one available. PSU must be of same or greater wattage. What color does the blink flashes? If its amber, reconnect all internal and external connections. Good luck!

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users