Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Vista Home Security 2012 infection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fletchguy

Fletchguy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hello forum. I somehow went to a site and got infected with the Microsoft Vista Home Security 2012 malware. I tried the removal process posted on this site here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-internet-security-2011 ...but I can't get past step one. I downloaded the registry fix file to a usb and started the infected computer in safe mode. I have to type C;/ to get to My Computer then to the usb drive . I can get to the file but if I double click it the pop up for the infection comes up everytime. If I left click on it and try merge it does same thing . I cant run reged or anything that has to be open. This pops up no matter what you try to run start or open. I need some help please. Running windows vista home premium 32 bit....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fletchguy

Fletchguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Ok...finally got the file to run. HAd to click real fast and beat the popup then restart once I got it ran. Then I was able to run exe files again so just did the Rkill and malwares is updated and running deep full scan.. Ill post back on update if still infected or clear.

#3 Fletchguy

Fletchguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

I ran the malwarebytes prog found 12 infections got those removed and restarted and was able to run Tdds scan which came up clean of root kits. All seems to be fine now so I think we can close this thread now. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users