Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mirror monitor desktop to TV

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ali83

Ali83

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

Ok, this is really irritating me. I have movie night every Friday. The first time we hooked up our shiny new TV to our desktop computer it mirrored the display (default setting I know). This allowed for us to share silly videos and watch Extra Credits. Something/one (roommate) buggered up the display options now I only have the option of monitor 1 or monitor 2 (pic uploaded)

As you can see there is no mirror option.Yes I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. If I could make the computer forget it ever had a TV hooked up to it that would be great.
I have a ATI Radeon HD 3800 graphics card, I have yet to figure out how to access the graphics card other than update the driver. (pic uploaded)

The TV is a Samsung and I have no idea if I can access that beast from my computer. It is hooked up via HDMI cable, it's working fine as an extended monitor and yes I could hook up my laptop and go to mobile PC and all that jazz, but I want my damned PC/TV set up back.

Attached Files

Edited by Ali83, 17 January 2012 - 10:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/organization/twomonitors.aspx

Tekken

#3 Ali83

Ali83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

That didn't help at all since I do not have problems with the laptop. This is a desktop that no longer mirrors the display. I have since figured out where the registry key for the Samsung TV is, but even with UAC off (I checked the reg key for that it's set at 0)& on the admin name I can't delete the key so I can start over fresh. I tried renaming the bugger -SAM0667 but I'm not allowed to do that either. Someone who has actual computer knowledge and not a f*cking website to either help me over come Vista's dummy proofing or knows how to get the mirror option back respond.

Edited by hamluis, 21 January 2012 - 07:37 AM.
PM sent re post language.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:53 AM

ATI Radeon HD 3800 graphics card

I wonder if you are looking onto the graphics card control settings on your attached picture. Here is the manual to configure certain settings desired.
http://www.power-color.com/Manual/090106/Radeon_HD_3800_Series_ENG.pdf - Start with page 5.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users