Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Retrieving missing emails

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bastie

Bastie

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

I have recently changed PCs and also experimented with Thunderbird. I'm now back to using Outlook Express to download my Gmail email, but in the process, I missed out on a few days of email that are still in Gmail, that downloaded to Thunderbird, but that did not download into Outlook Express. I used to have Outlook Express in WinXP-Pro/SP3, then briefly used Thunderbird in Win7, looked at and abandoned Windows Live Mail in Win7, then created a VirtualPC with WinXP-Mode in it, and am now again using Outlook Express in the WinXP-mode in Win7. To my surprise, this last 'version' of Outlook Express downloaded many emails sent during my transition period, but did miss out on some that are still accessible in Gmail. Is there a way of getting them from Gmail (or Thunderbird) into Outlook Express ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users