Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Radeon 6770M HDMI Output

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xfile102

xfile102

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

I have a brand new HP Pavilion DV7 Beats Audio Edition with a Radeon HD6770M Video Card. When I hook my Laptop up to my Samsung P2770HD Display, the picture is grainy. I changed it to 1920x1080, and it is still fuzzy, and part of the screen gets cut off. My problem is, I used to have an Old Asus EEEpc Netbook with HDMI, and 1080p output was crystal clear and crisp on this TV/Monitor, and it was gorgeous. Now I cant get a machine I paid 3x as much for to even display correctly. What gives? What might I be doing wrong?

Laptop: HP Pavilion DV7 w/ Radeon HD 6770M Video Card

Display: Samsung SyncMaster P2770HD

Output: HDMI

Notes: I have tried 3 differing qualities of HDMI Cable, from cheap, to the $80 Overpriced Monster Cable in my Home Theater.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alexander Caldwell

Alexander Caldwell

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

Try updating all of your drivers on your computer. There should be a driver that handles that kind of thing.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:46 AM

As suggested, ensure your video drivers are current, and do you have the monitor driver/config file installed:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/P2770HD

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users