Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with WINWORDC EXE

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 1darkness

1darkness

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hello,
My computer is an HP G62-465DX Notebook PC running Windows 7. I recently had problems with the Privacy Protection malware as well as, I believe it is called, the Windows 7 trojan. However, everything was working fine until yesterday when I tried to access a paper I needed to work on which is contained in my Microsoft Word Starter 2010 program. When I attempted to open the file, it opened and immediatly I received the message that WINWORDC EXE has stopped working. The program then closes. In addition, when I open the my computer page, which is the page that lists my hard disk drive as well as my devices with removable storage, it says:
Hard Disk Drives (3)
Local Disk Drive (C:)
Recovery (D:)
Microsoft Office Click-to-Run
(Protected) (Q:)

I do not believe I have a (Q:) drive

I think that is all the information, if there is something else you need please let me know.
Thanks,
Peggy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:56 AM

Microsoft Office Click-to-Run (Protected) (Q:) is legit.

Sometimes infection will corrupt some legit files.

I suggest you reinstall the program.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 1darkness

1darkness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

Hi,
I have tried this and stil receive the same error. The exact wording of the error message is:
WINWORDC.EXE has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,719 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

You uninstalled Microsoft Word Starter and installed fresh copy?
Did you uninstall Microsoft Office Click-to-Run as well?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 1darkness

1darkness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:59 AM

I cannot uninstall it because it came preinstalled on my computer and I do not have software to reinstall. In Control Panel under Programs and Features,there is nothing listed in regards to file size for Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 and Microsoft Office Starter 2010. As for the the Q: drive, when I click properties it tells me that there are 0 bytes used and 0 bytes free as well as 0 bytes capacity.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,719 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

Well, I see no other option than reinstalling, or switch to some other product like free Open Office: http://www.openoffice.org/

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users