Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying To Move A Blogger Blog To Wordpress

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ultimatetwang

ultimatetwang

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

I'm having an issue trying to move a blog from blogger to a Wordpress blog. The blog is not hosted by Wordpress. Here's my issue, I'm following the instructions, via WP, plus some other sources I've checked into, yet when I try to move it, I get the following message from Google(Blogger):

"The page you have requested cannot be displayed. Another site was requesting access to your Google Account, but sent a malformed request. Please contact the site that you were trying to use when you received this message to inform them of the error. A detailed error message follows:

The site "http://startlogic.com" has not been registered."

Of course, Google has no one to contact for Tech issues, and my host, StartLogic says it isn't their problem, it's Wordpress. On the other hand, with Wordpress being a free service, there basically is no Tech support, other than a forum where you can post and hope someone replies within a year.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

I'm following the instructions

Do you have a link to "the instructions"? and also what step of the instructions/what are you doing when you get the error message?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#3 ultimatetwang

ultimatetwang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Here's a link to one of the places I either watched or read on how to do it: The message comes when I actually hit the authorize button on the import blogger tool.

#4 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

What version of wordpress are you using?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#5 quinch

quinch

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

I haven't used Blogger much so this may be a dumb question but can you not just download a backup of your Blogger page via the admin section? If so it will give you all of your posts in an xml file for downloading to your computer which can then be imported quite easily into your WP install via the admin (Tools>Import).

[edit] Yes you can download a copy in xml format, click "Settings" then "Basics" Import/Export/Delete are all there. Download your file, go to your WP admin, click Tools>Import and follow the instructions, I think you will need to install the correct importer but WP (as ever) make this very painless.

Always make backups to anything before you make changes.[/edit]

Edited by quinch, 03 February 2012 - 09:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users