Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freeze, Random downloads, Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikelion123

mikelion123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

Well where do i begin...
My computer lately and somewhat for a while has been freezing/ slowing down. sometimes my internet wont work ether. If the lagg/ freeze is to long it will pull up the blue screen of death. Only for the past 2 days my laptop has been starting to download some sort of file but i have no idea what it is. Also when i play Diablo 2 (a old PC game, very fun) when i press the TAB button some little window will close the game and show me my running files, and that ruins the entire game... every time i scan for viruses they never show up. Only now that i took off a lot of programs from my start up it is working a little faster but the tab button thing and the random download is still happening. if anyone can help plz tell me. also respond if you have had the same problems.

Edited by hamluis, 17 January 2012 - 10:36 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hello mikelion123,

There could be any number of causes for your laptop's "slowness": Overheating, RAM issues, Hard drive, Software, or Malware. My preference is to rule out the latter first and then deal with the other issues.

I know you have scanned for viruses and found none, but there may be deeper, more insidious malware at work; this mysterious downloading in the background for example. Could be a Microsoft update or could be something unwanted.

My recommendation would be to post in the Bleeping Computer's Am I Infected Forum?

If they determine that you are malware free then you can return to this forum where your mindump files, hardware components, and software can be examined further. The decision is yours.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users