Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting up a TV and monitor together as different windows

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 krystalkalikopper

krystalkalikopper

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

I recently bought a 42" LED LG. I've got a pretty nice monitor. I have the HDMI cable and VGA cable hooked up. How do I go about having them on together but as different windows. Like if I wanted to drag a document or file or picture to the tv and have other windows open on my monitor.
I do alot of designing and my amount of window space is scarce! Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

What operating system are you running? Assuming Windows 7:
Right click your desktop and click Screen Resolution.
Click on either monitor and select "Extend these displays" in the Multiple Displays dropdown.
Click each screen and make sure the resolutions are correct (I'd suggest the max resolution for each display).

If you need more detail, just ask.

#3 krystalkalikopper

krystalkalikopper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

omg i got it! this is sick! thank you! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users