Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Daughters Pc Bleeping!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GripperSmart

GripperSmart

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 11 February 2006 - 05:51 AM

Hi .

Just looking for some advice.
I purchased a pc for my daughter at xmas, and all has been well until a few days ago when it all froze up and its bleeping from inside the case.

When its turned on it bleeps, there is no output to the monitor.I suspect the motherboard is faulty, i think its inbuilt graphics and not a seperate card.
Its a AMD duron proccessor.
Any ideas?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:23 AM

:thumbsup: to BC GripperSmart,

Listen carefully to the beeping then visit this site to get some more information:

The link to BIOS beep codes is in the column on the right.
Bios-Central

Post back here when you have identified the code.
:flowers:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 GripperSmart

GripperSmart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:43 AM

Thanks for that Rimmer!! WOw, quick response!
Will have a listen later on today when kids are out the way.
Thanks.

#4 GripperSmart

GripperSmart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:28 PM

Well, wierd one this, or lucky!
Took side off of the case, pushed memory , processor to make sure seated correctly, then the only other thing i noticed was that the plug for the power for the cd rom drive wasn't fitted correctly-ie loose , tried it , no more bleeping!!

The bleeps were constant, long bleeps btw.

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:58 PM

Not a cause I would have guessed at, but if it fixed the problem ... then well done! :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users