Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Essentials to view my own pics

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tobyo

tobyo

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

just got a new netbook with Windows 7, had Windows 7 starter in my previous netbook. and I was able to view my own pics without signing anything. I went to open one of my pics on this new machine and I have to sign an agreement to view my own pics???? is this for real? seriously, what in the world??

am I missing something here? why do I have to sign my life away to view my own pics?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

Are those pictures located on the new machine of your hard drive or on another computer?

Tekken

#3 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

I copied them from my old netbook to the new netbook. some pics are from the internet, but most are pics that I took.

just baffled that I would have to sign an agreement to view my pics on my computer. I get that there are updates for the software, but why make the user sign an agreement. each time I have tried to open a pic this agreement comes up and I cancel and THEN I can view the pic. don't want to do this every time. that's why I was wondering if I'm missing something. is there a way around this agreement? or am I stuck with it so that I can manage my pics on this machine.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

If these pictures are directly accessed from the hard drive, then you could just right-click the picture then choose preview, open, open with or set default from there. Win 7 has a built-in photo viewer. From open with option, you would be able to choose programs capable of opening your saved pictures. My current programs under Win 7 are Windows Photo Viewer(as default when using Preview option), Windows Live Movie Maker, Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Tekken

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

See here
Posted Image

Tekken

#6 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

oh wait....editing. I think that worked! picked the wrong default program I guess. thanks!

Edited by tobyo, 16 January 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

Ok, You are welcome.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users