Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory dump problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bhammy

Bhammy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

I recently got an infection and Super Antispyware and Esset were both unable to find the problems. I ran safe mode with networking and Rkill to download Malware Bytes Anti-Malware, which found the problems. I also then ran CCleaner and cleaned the registry. Now when booting normally, I get to the startup screen and the "loading user profile" or whatever message, and I get a memory dump every time. I checked to make sure all my memory and internal hardware was properly seated, as my video card has occasionally been known to pop out a tiny bit and cause BSOD's, but everything is fine with my hardware. I haven't been able to get much information, and I'm not great with knowing what logs to find where, etc. What should I do?

Edited by hamluis, 16 January 2012 - 10:14 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mark1956

mark1956

• Security Colleague
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:57 AM

If you have had to use RKill to get any result removing an infection then you may have a Rootkit. There is no guarantee that you have removed the main infection.

You should never use CCleaner to clean up the Registry as this kind of software can do more harm than good.

I would suggest you start by clicking on the Report button in the bottom left corner of your post and request the thread is moved to the "Am I Infected" forum. You will then get assistance to see if there is still an infection present and solve the boot problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users