Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to move files/documents to specific folders?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ziva

Ziva

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Hi,

How do you move documents/files/graphics from Windows 7 document folder to specifically named folders on a flash drive? I tried highlighting said document and then clicked organized, then on the drop-down menu clicked send to. But it only shows the letter of the drive I wish to move the item to and not the individual folders. How can I put a document for say a cookie recipe in a folder on flash drive named Deserts? Or picture of my family into the folder named Family pics?

I know I'm doing something wrong. But windows help has been of no help. Thank you for reading and for any advice,

Ziva.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

Open up My Computer. If you do not see a toolbar with File, Edit, View, Tools, Help click on Organize/Layout and check Menu Bar.

If you want to MOVE the files (which will delete them from your computer when you move to the flash drive) choose the file(s) then click File in the menu bar. Use MOVE TO FOLDER. Choose your flash drive and navigate to the folder where you want to put them.

If you want to COPY the files to the flash drive use COPY TO FOLDER under File.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 15 January 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#3 Ziva

Ziva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

Thanks for the info. But I don't seem to have a "move" option in the file menu folder. Just send to which sends a copy of item to drive. But it doesn't allow me to send it to a specific folder on the drive.

#4 Ziva

Ziva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

I finally figured it out. The move feature is in the 'edit' menu. Thanks for looking.

Ziva

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users