Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Left-click button not working - Lenovo X300

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Christina85

Christina85

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hello guys,

I am new here in search of help - a Lenovo X300 owner.
I spilled a bit of tea (truly not much) on my keyboard....everything was working fine with the exception of left-click button (in fact both the left key bottoms above and below the track pad would not work, neither did double-clicking on the pad itself). I tried the following:
- run it in safe mode
- reinstall the mouse drivers
- switch the right-click for left-click in control panel/mouse (this worked)
- rejuvenate the system
- eventually reinstall the whole thing to factory settings.

Nothing worked - right-click button is fine, the left-click buttons (i.e. both above and below the track-pad) show no response. The left-click buttons wouldn't work in Recovery and Rescue either.
I had to conclude that this is a hardware problem and that the spill was the cause (so much for x300 lenovo can withstand even spills...trust me, this was not a real spill,just a few drops).
Now this is a 3-year old computer, no warranty.
Is there anything else I could try to do?
I am thinking of taking apart the keyboard and trying to see if I can somehow dry it? (the whole thing is dry but there could be some water inside?...). Or is the circuitry simply fuked? (I am worried that this might be the case given that the left-click button below the trackpad which is not part of the keyboard isn't working either).
If I do take apart, try to have it dry somehow and it still shows no signs of recovery, what's the next step? How much would this cost to get it fixed? (I am afraid more than what I am willing to pay....).
New keyboard would probably not cut, would it? (I have found that one can get one for as cheap as 80USD).

Thank you for your advice,

Christina

Edited by Christina85, 15 January 2012 - 07:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users