Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

left button not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mujy

Mujy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

my laptop left button and touchpad click are not working
when i disabled the left button, touchpad click started working
when i swap left and right button
left button(which is now acting as a right click) still doesn't work
is it hardware problem or software issue
please guide me
regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

Did you made changes before this problem? What computer model is it? Sounds like a touchpad control setting.

Tekken

#3 dif

dif

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:36 AM

The easiest way to find out if it's a hardware or software problem is to download a Linux cd like http://www.ubuntu.com/download
Burn the CD and boot the laptop from it. You don't need to install it, just run from it.
If the problem still exists in Linux then you know it's a hardware fault. Either a damaged/faulty button or maybe a loose cable inside.

#4 Chase_Wheeler

Chase_Wheeler

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

One thing you could do is get an external USB mouse, uninstall the driver and program for your touchpad and reinstall it from your laptop manufactures website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users