Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Freezing Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hey everyone. I've got a weird problem I am trying to get to the bottom of once and for all. I'm using an ASUS G60JX laptop w/ Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I've got 6gb of RAM, NVIDIA GTS360M GPU and a intel core i7 processor. (1.something ghz) Basically, the laptop will freeze at weird times. The freeze is a hard freeze, you cant get out of it. There is no blue screen of death to go with it. For example, I could have Chrome open (A few tabs) and then go to start a program like Audacity, and all of a sudden, the computer just freezes. And im forced to do a hard shutdown. I believe it's safe to say this tends to happen when I'm multi-tasking. I dont recall it ever happening when not running multiple things at once. HOWEVER this problem has more to it than just that... I've had this laptop for 1.5 years now. During that time, this problem has come and gone. It has also come in a different form, where while playing any type of flash thing, the computer would freeze BUT, after waiting for a while, it would come back... which was really weird. Everything has been absolutely dandy the past 2-3 months. However, last night I decided to re install my OS, because I wanted to start back from a clean state. Everything went fine, and I've updated my computer completely. BUT now the freezing is back, in the original form of being a hard freeze, forcing me to shut down completely. I know my CPU isn't overheating in this circumstance, although it does run hot at times. any ideas??? thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

I fixed the problem.. troubleshooted for hours.. turns out the realtek audio drivers that came with my laptop were junk.. downloaded the latest from the realtek website, and all is well :)

#3 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

Thank you for posting the solution. :thumbup2:

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users