Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Root Kit problem maybe and i don;t seem to be able to get help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John in Oman

John in Oman

• Members
  • 371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

No doubt i will be in trhe proverbial dog house for posting this. So be it! :mellow:

Five days ago i submitted a log for some kind expert to deal with. Now, i know all about the supply and demand problems on this wonderful site, and VERY much appreciate the difficulties experienced, BUT, today i came across a Topic which was originally posted on the 12th (mine was the 9th) and was already well underway with help from someone. I have heard nothing so far. I thought Topics were dealt with in strict rotation. but unless i am very much mistaken. this seemms not to be the case.

My apologies for this post, but what am i to do if my original cry for help HAS been overlooked? There seems to be knowhere to seek guidence in such a situation.

Thank you.

Edited by John in Oman, 14 January 2012 - 08:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

As was explained to you here:

Your posted log is in queue of open logs. Please be patient, since there are far more Members needing help than there are qualified experts to help them, and logs are taken in a first-posted, first-handled order. Every effort is made to help our Members as quickly as possible.
Thanks,
John

Our malware staff works from a queue so every log is listed, none are overlooked. However as was explained there are far more requests for help than helpers. We deal with over a thousand logs a month. This is volume of logs is responded to with a staff of less than 30 regular and consistent volunteer helpers. The average wait currently fluctuates depending on daily volume from about 4 to 7 days. Sometimes more as was the case in December when we had close to one and half times the average volume of logs.

Currently you are due to have a reply within the next 24 hours. You will not be overlooked and have not been overlooked. Please be patinet. Thank you

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

You have a reply to your Malware topic. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic437211.html/page__view__findpost__p__2555364

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users