Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Topic not yet replied to in this forum

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Topic moved by Moderator Louis on 1/11, no response in this forum yet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic437339.html

Thanks.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic400074.html

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

You were the last person to reply, and have not said if you can run scans or not. Not sure what you are looking for as a reply? We are waiting on you for more information.

Additionally the correct place to report non responses in the Am I Infected forum is in this topic: Please post in this topic if you have not received help after three days

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 spc3rd

spc3rd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

Apologies for the confusion, Animal.

At the top of the page in the "Am I infected" forum, there is the word HERE in blue which is what I clicked on to report not having received any responses since Louis moved my OP here. So either there is some malfunction with my computer or that link via the aforementioned word at the top of the page in this forum is not functional.

At the moment I am avoiding rebooting the computer at all, as I have no idea if I will be able to log back on again. At present, I have to press the F12 key when the computer first hangs at the Dell logo screen and emits the low "whistling" sound. The sounds stops, and the Windows screen with the load bar is displayed normally. The computer then hangs at the Windows log-on screen, until I wait for the hard drive light to go out and press the <ESC> key two or 3 times, then it will display the entire logon screen.

Does this provide you with any information...if not...what else do I need to do?

Thanks.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users