Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CandyAB

CandyAB

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

I've had this since about Dec. 20th or so. I got another infection and I cleaned that one up pretty well(whitesmoke). But as I was reading the redt of the instructions, that I found on this site btw, I learned that there were rumors that that virus was associated with the redirect virus. Anxiously, I searched 'bleeping computer' in bing and as I feared, when I clicked the link, I was redirected to the detestible sour.com. Ever since, everytime I tried to search something I was redirected to some ad site and sites that have given me, other nasty viruses. I feel like a nanny cleaning up after a hyped toddler. I can't keep up! I had the virus this summer on our desktop and it killed our poor system. Please, please, please help. And any information on how to prevent it in the future would be appreciated. Thank you for this service.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,698 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Same computer as in here?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic433646.html/page__p__2517799__fromsearch__1#entry2517799

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 CandyAB

CandyAB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:00 AM

Yeah. I didn't hear back for a while so I took it to this kid I know who's really good with computers. He started some stuff but didn't get to finish because I had to leave. Also, for the last few days I have been getting these random videos that pop up out of nowhere. Malwarebyte's is being less than useful. It won't find ANYTHING!!!

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,698 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

The topic has been closed due to your inactivity.
PM your helper to reopen the topic.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users