Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Upgrade Help?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 StrategyGamer

StrategyGamer

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

Hello Everyone,

In 2007 I bought my first gaming rig from Alienware.com. I bought an Alienware Area-51 7500 R-5 rig. A couple months ago my NVIDIA GeForce 8600GTS 256MB PCI-E graphics processor died on me. Now I am looking to get back into my computer gaming and I need a new graphics card! I am looking for something that is better than my previous graphics card (stated above) and that will be compatible with my system. To anyone who is wondering; I specifically want to play the game Shogun 2: Total War. My full specs on my rig are as followed:

EVGA NForce 680 SLI MB REV D Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (on my invoice it specifically says; CDCR,E6750,2660/1333, 4M, 2C Processor. Not sure what this means but theres a sticker on my rig that says Intel Core 2 Duo)
1 GB of Qimonda DDR2 PC2-6400 Jedec STD Memory (Really only (2) 512 MB cards)
Seagate 250GB Sata 7200 RPM 16MB Cache System Drive
LG 20X Dual-Layer DVD Re-Writer NON-LIG Optical Drives
Integrated High-Def Audio NVIDIA C55-MB Sound Card
NVIDIA GeForce 8600GTS 256MB PCI-E Graphics Processor
Microsoft Windows XP Pro COA Operating System.

Also, it says I have a GX2 G80 Dual Slot Card Keeper Graphics Processor. Not sure really what this is but I figured I put it up. Also, I have a 700 Watt OEM ATX PSU REV2 Power Supply if that information is needed.

I hope some of you can help me here! It is much needed!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users