Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Check

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wiggie1226

wiggie1226

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

My computer is infected with System Check. I have followed the instructions here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-check and have successfully stopped the fake alerts and unhidden my files.

Malwarebytes and Super Antispyware have found and deleted trojans but I am still having problems with Google redirects. TDSSKiller won't run even after being renamed and trying to run it from an external hard drive. I'm not convinced the trojan is gone.

Also my All Programs list shows an entry System Check and System Check Uninstall. I'm too nervous to try it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

Download

FIXTDSS

Launch it,it may ask for restart,reboot the PC

If it asks for repairing your mbr,click on repair

Run tdsskiller now,make sure the scan comes out clean.That should stop the redirects.

You can manually delete the systemcheck files.

#3 wiggie1226

wiggie1226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

That does indeed appear to have fixed it and the scan is clean.

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

You're welcome :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users