Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help identifying video cards

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ataryu

Ataryu

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 25 May 2004 - 08:42 PM

Well, I found some video cards out in my garage and I was wondering if there would be anyway to figure out what their performance is...as in, speed and such, how well they perform. I believe them to be video cards because they have a plug for the monitor on the back...or front, lol. I have 6 different cards. 2 have fans, those being produced by PNY technologies and the other by diamon multi....then 2 have a bunch of chips on the, that say 3D fx interactive, and a bunch of small chips that say 100 mhz. Then the other two have some sort of metal looking rack over part of the card....well thats about all the info I think i can give, unless you need more, just ask. I was just wondering if there was anyway to identify them without any box or anything...just the card itself...

Thankyou for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 25 May 2004 - 10:37 PM

Well we know you have 3dfx cards, which used to be good and PNY cards which are still good. Is there any numbers like serial numbers or model numbers? Or anything on the back of the cards?

#3 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:09 PM

Sorry for the late reply, my connection has been unstable. Let see, on the larger3Dfx cards, there are deffinate S/N's on the back....lol, I think I may have figured out what they run at...Under the S/N and P/N on teh same barcode it says MON3D ll PCl 12mb mosel....does that mean that it is a 12mb card?? And on the PNY cards theres the same things, bu different info. On one of teh PNY cards it says in small text : MON FUSION 16M SGRAM AGP

thanx for your help

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:13 PM

Yeah unfortunately that means its 12mb. Check out this link:

http://www.falconfly.de/identify-3dfx.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic