Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube Video Freezing Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hello everyone. Here is what is going on... My laptop (win 7 home prem, ASUS G60JX, i7 1.6ghz, nvidiaGTS360m) is having a weird freezing problem. When I go to view a youtube video that has that other looking player (its like... the bigger player?) all of a sudden my laptop just freezes completely. I have no option at that point other than to do a hard shut down. To be more specific, certain videos on youtube, for whatever reason, seem to be using a different looking player. It looks bigger than the normal one, and when they start playing for me, it usually has no sound (Also weird.) but now it just freezes when i come across one of those videos.
I wish I could post a link to a video that is doing it, but im concerned it'll just freeze again..

this also tends to happen when opening up audacity (beta version).

Something just isnt right here. and I have scanned numerous times malwarebytes/superantispyware and used glary ultilities. My PC is basically as clean as it can be right now. I just recently restored it back to factory settings, after feeling my laptop was just loaded with junk. I have my drivers up to date, and the registry seems to be clean / no errors. I ran a benchmark test that came back with great results as well.

any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

Have you tried tinkering with any probable software conflict with Audacity and playing youtube videos? Try uninstalling the software and update/reinstall to the latest flash version for IE, Chrome and Firefox.

Tekken

#3 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

Those youtube videos seem to be working fine now! I didn't have the latest java apparently

#4 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

The problem has come back :( no idea why..

#5 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

I fixed the problem.. faulty realtek audio drivers lol..

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

Thank you for letting us know what steps have solved your issues. :thumbup2:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users