Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 reboot & the Win & virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jstout

jstout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hi folks my first post here,and i will try and be brief since i am not computer literate, anyway I caught the win 7 2012 virus and it sure has shut me down, now the laptop wont boot up error messages says unable to start, so i go to the safe mode and am unable to start there also.
I have system back up disc's but I can not get them to work either, just dont know how, I would like to keep my files but they are;nt that important if there is some way to restore it to factory settings and someone would let me know how, I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks....................jstout

PS sorry for the typo in the post heading, should of been win 7 virus

Edited by jstout, 13 January 2012 - 02:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skyscrapper

skyscrapper

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

For sure, you haven't lost your files. I am having a similar problem and waiting for someone to post help also. I can see all my files if I use another boot disk to get in. So I'm sure yours are still there too.

#3 heracles147

heracles147

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

All the computer peeps on this site, and no one has commented yet? What about the admins? Are you people there? I played around, did some research, and figured it out myself. Google Win7 Internet security removal, and do this yourself. I tried Rkill, and malware bytes. DL is free. If you can't get any windows to open, the hit the start key and the "r" key simultaneously. type iexplore to get internet explorer to open. set home page to google and go surfing. also you can play around inside task manager processes tab. The trojans usually have a setting for auto run, so look for things of that nature. Your research should give you an idea of what files to keep an eye out for, and then in task manager processes, look for those. Malwarebytes is the bleep!!! Use it. Also try Advanced System Care Deep Scan, you will be amazed. Anyway, hope that helps! All this from someone who doesn't know a GD thing about computers! Peace!

#4 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

Considering what you've posted, I suggest creating a new thread on the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs board.

Very Important! Carefully read through and follow these instructions before posting.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users