Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D-link Pc Adapter Problems.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IcePeten

IcePeten

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:17 PM

Well, im going to say i'm very annoyed by this. When i go turn on my computer, it connects, and im like :thumbsup: But about 5 minutes later it says " Cannot find wireless network. " and i'm like. :flowers: :trumpet: Anyone know what this could be? By the way i have a D-Link 520.

Edited by IcePeten, 10 February 2006 - 02:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:36 PM

How far away from router is computer?

Does it reconnect after a short period of time or does it stay disconnected?

Are other computers using same wireless router?

There are any number of reasons if your computer has some distance from the router, and particularly if it is another room, that it would lose the connection momentarily. Other computers using the same router will take some of the bandwidth. So if it is dropping the connection for a little while and then picking it back up, then that is normal albeit annoying behavior.

There are some options, moving computer closer to router is a big one. Getting a repeater is another option if moving closer is not an option.

If the connection is getting dropped and not reconnecting, then you might try going into control panel and deleting wireless network connection and recreating it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users