Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer status always under " out of paper " even after inserting paper.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cohensalve

Cohensalve

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

As above. I have re-installed the printer driver and what not, but the printer just refuses to print.

Thanks for any help rendered. =D

Edited by Queen-Evie, 13 January 2012 - 08:40 AM.
moved from XP to External Hardware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

Printer manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 Cohensalve

Cohensalve
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

Epson LQ-300+ dot matrix printer.

#4 Chase_Wheeler

Chase_Wheeler

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

I don't know your problem, and I am not familiar with that printer model, but the advice I give to most people that come into my shop is, If you ever have a problem with an inexpensive printer that can't be fixed with a simple google search, just replace it. After the customer has paid our minimum diagnostic fee they are usually in the hole about half of the cost of a brand new printer.

So if after pulling your hair out for awhile consider just buying a new one, they are very inexpensive right now.

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

Chase_Wheeler, FYI that is a $200 Dot Matrix Printer. It's my guess the OP needs impact printing or fanfold printouts.
BTW around here they charge $49 Diagnostic which applies to repair labor of $99 and will not even touch inkjets for repair unless they are a ASP for that brand.

Cohensalve, I'm afraid that printer will need to be repaired or replaced. I saw them on Amazon around $200. My guess is that paper sensor has gone bad.

General FYI
The Dot Matrix Printers still have uses and are still being sold. If you need carbon copy printing nothing else works.

We used one at work for years to print invoices. Fast and printed our copy and the customer copy in one shot.

Back in the 80s that was all that was available for home use.

Edited by rotor123, 14 January 2012 - 01:15 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users