Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Disk Partition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chippa

chippa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:51 PM

i have just formatted my notebook and installed windows XP pro SP2. My HDD is 30 GB which i am unable to partition. The C drive has the OS installed on it and it is not allowing me to partition the drive. Please advise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Cyclica

Cyclica

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:25 PM

Hello Chippa. Partitioning is usually performed before installing OS and/or software. There are, however, several tools that let you change disk's partitioning after formatting and partitioning. One such tool is Partition Magic or Paragon Partition Manager.

Although, personally, I prefer to backup valuable data; wipe the disk entirely; delete and create new partitions, and install everything fresh. The reason is the system performance is way better by doing this, than changing partitions on the go, and besides, there are risks involved in the process, it's not that it's unsafe, but there are risks.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

Try Digtal Dolly (Hard drive utility). It is a freeware program that will do what you need and much more.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users