Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building a new computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sschoen2

sschoen2

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

I was looking to build a new computer for myself.

I the plan to use the computer for gaming, and I want it to be very upgradable.

I want to know how to shop for parts, so i can get the best value out of my computer.

The parts I'm most interested in learning about are the Motherboard, the Case, and the Graphics card,

Right now, I'm using some $50 Coolermaster case which came with a 400 watt power supply. That and the hard drive are the only things I'm considering incorporating into the new computer. If you think that's not worth recycling, please let me know.

I am looking to spend around $1000

Any suggestions?

After looking around on newegg.com for a while, I came across the following Combo: [ul]http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.791298[/url], and I am somewhat interested in buying that. Do you think that would be a good buy?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pshs2k2

pshs2k2

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

Yes that looks like it would be sufficient! From the experiences i've had building computers, in my opinion, Tigerdirect seems to have better barebones to start your build. They usually have good rebates with them also! There is this one that would save you money after rebates!

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1409689&CatId=4910

Let me know what you think!

Randy

#3 Chase_Wheeler

Chase_Wheeler

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

Personally I don't use barebones systems. I handpick all the parts, the power supply(PSU) in my opinion is one of the more important parts, not that it directly improves the performance of your system (although it does slightly as far as heat production and dispersion etc) a high quality PSU is very important. If your PSU goes out firstly the system is down until you get another, also if it fails there is a small chance it could fry other components if its low quality. Also if you are looking for upgrade-ability you should be looking at a PSU around 700 Watts, I use a 500 for a normal build.

If you are looking to upgrade to a dual video card setup that motherboard wont support it, so keep that in mind aswell.

The memory speed is 1600 and the board says it only supports DDR3 1066/1333, so you may have some problems there, or you may just have to underclock the memory for it to work.

Other than that everything looks good, I have brand loyalties to Asus, AMD and Nvidea so I would make those changes but that's all small stuff lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users