Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ways to play online with DS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Xezat

Xezat

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

Ok, so here's the long version shortened...I have a DS (and DSi, but that's besides the point). I want to play online, BUT we use WPA encryption in my house for the router. And changing it, well that just isn't gonna happen given WEP is crappy, and I think our router (D-Link 615 I believe) is incompatible with the DS largely anyways.

To give you an ideal of what did work and what doesn't work, a long time ago I had/used that old Nintendo USB connector thing (official licensed one), but it was extremely unreliable, often cut out, and never worked once we got our D-Link 615 router anyways (currently I think it's broke after smashing it in the wall too many times over a dropped connection). Not to mention the laptop I have runs 64bit Vista, which is incompatible with it anyways (back then I had an older laptop with XP, where it barely worked). My old phat DS can't do anything at all in trying to get online to play, while I can access the internet browser and Nintendo store with my DSi, but can't play games online because Nintendo in all their stupidity still has the games encoded or whatever to only work over WEP or no security.

So, what are some suggestions for workarounds to this? Are there other products out there like the Nintendo USB connector that can put up whatever signal so I can connect with a DS to play online? Or is there anything else I can use? If anyone has any ideals or suggestions at all, please let me know. Thanks :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xezat

Xezat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

Gonna guess no one else really uses a DS then lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users