Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virtual graphic on machine virtual .

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Curiosys

Curiosys

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Exemple oracle vm virtuelbox dont let me install driver for graphic card like x1650 agp for windows xp and i cannot play to my game silverfall .

Seriousely witch virtuality program can let me play a game with xp or vista without driver problem ? Cause i have a game silverfall for xp or vista. My game are not compatible for windows 7 home .

Maybe somebody have solution with or without virtual box ,maybe better program for virtuel utility exist ?

Maybe you know how play silverfall on windows 7 home ?

How (or without virtual box) and if another virtual box exist for that ?

Thank for help .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

In Virtualbox's main screen, select your XP machine (do not start it). Click settings.

On the left side, click System. On the Motherboard tab, set Base Memory to 1024. On the Acceleration tab, be sure that both boxes are checked. You may need to enter your computer's BIOS and enable its virtualization features.

On the left side, click Display. On the Video tab, be sure that Enable 3D acceleration and Enable 2d video acceleration are checked. Click OK to save the changes.

Start the XP virtual machine and let it finish booting. Above XP you'll see a menu bar. Click Devices > Install Guest Additions and follow the prompts.

You will not be able to install your ATI drivers. Virtualbox is emulating its own set of hardware for Windows XP to use. My instructions will tell Virtualbox to give XP enough resources to run your game.

As for the game itself, if it is on a CD, click Devices > CD/DVD Devices and make sure that your CD drive is selected.

Edited by LucheLibre, 12 January 2012 - 05:12 PM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#3 Curiosys

Curiosys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

In Virtualbox's main screen, select your XP machine (do not start it). Click settings.

On the left side, click System. On the Motherboard tab, set Base Memory to 1024. On the Acceleration tab, be sure that both boxes are checked. You may need to enter your computer's BIOS and enable its virtualization features.

On the left side, click Display. On the Video tab, be sure that Enable 3D acceleration and Enable 2d video acceleration are checked. Click OK to save the changes.

Start the XP virtual machine and let it finish booting. Above XP you'll see a menu bar. Click Devices > Install Guest Additions and follow the prompts.

You will not be able to install your ATI drivers. Virtualbox is emulating its own set of hardware for Windows XP to use. My instructions will tell Virtualbox to give XP enough resources to run your game.

As for the game itself, if it is on a CD, click Devices > CD/DVD Devices and make sure that your CD drive is selected.

Mother board system -1488mo selected ok
Mother board system disc cd/dvd ,hard and network selected ok
Mother board system Chipset PIIX3 selected ok
Mother board system fonction activated on IO-APIC selected ok

Accelerator system are activated on VT_x/AMD-V ok also the second option selected ok

Processor system 6 processor allocated for 100% of the virtuel process ok

I dont use PAE/NX maybe i have ?

Display system i use 256 mo video memory on one screen with accelerator 2D and 3D activated .
Desk server are not activated .

Stock - Windows XP by IDE Controlor on primary slave IDE ,solid state drive not activated .
Lector E secondairy slave on direct mode activated .

My Bios run for virtuosity program .ok

Sound activated -Windows direct sound driver and controlor ICH AC97

After the installation of silverfall the game stop at start and information about it no hardware-accelarated Direct 3D devices were found.Check if your videocard driver is up to date and support DirectX9. This program will now exit .

Why many processor can be use on that program but just one will can be setting ?

Edit : I use the cd for silverfall (Focus) game pc and more Windows6.1-KB958559-x64.msu are installed .

Edited by Curiosys, 12 January 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#4 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

Did you install the Guest Additions?

Edit: I apologize. I should add that you should install the Guest additions after you boot XP in Safe Mode.

When you start the XP virtual machine, press F8 repeatedly to bring up the 'Safe Mode' option. Select it and let XP continue booting. After it finishes, follow the above instructions.

Edited by LucheLibre, 12 January 2012 - 11:24 PM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#5 Curiosys

Curiosys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Did you install the Guest Additions?

Edit: I apologize. I should add that you should install the Guest additions after you boot XP in Safe Mode.

When you start the XP virtual machine, press F8 repeatedly to bring up the 'Safe Mode' option. Select it and let XP continue booting. After it finishes, follow the above instructions.

Forget oracle , i use now Windows6.1-KB958559-x64.msu virtual pc , it's the update for windows 7 .After go on start , and program and find windows virtuel pc . After create your vitual pc .

Download that if you use windows 7 home x64 :Windows6.1-KB958559-x64.msu or the next one for 32 bit .Go on google .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users