Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unsure about something that happened on startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nick_T

Nick_T

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

Okay, today I turned my PC on, and when it got to the loading windows screen (The black one with the animation of the windows logo), it said something near the bottom along the lines of updating registry. It then restarted the computer and went right through to just before you see my desktop, when it said something about preparing, and then continued.

I have tried restarting the computer since, and it did not repeat this. Also according to my windows update history it did make one update this morning, I believe either just before or when I turned my computer off, and a few more the day before.

What I want to know is, should I be worried about this? I've never seen a message like this before, although obviously I could have missed it before, and I'm worried that something has affected my registry or similar.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Some Windows Updates need to complete installation on reboot. That's all that happened, don't worry about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users